Through this mini-series of articles, we want to present you our whole team and skills of each.
- Hello Solène, could you please introduce yourself?
I am both pharmacist and toxicologist. I studied pharmacy at the University of Bordeaux and specialised in the toxicology field at the University of Paris Descartes. I worked as a Study Director at Charles River Laboratories (Evreux facility, Normandy), where I oversaw regulatory toxicology studies for pre-clinical development. I joined Op2lysis in September 2020 as a Regulatory Affairs Manager. My main mission is to develop and coordinate the regulatory strategy for our project, in collaboration with the other team members and external experts.
- Why did you choose to join the Op2Lysis team?
There was three main motivations to join Op2Lysis:
The project: I had a high interest and motivation for Op2lysis project, I am glad to be part of an innovative project and to be able to contribute to its development.
The position: through my missions I can improve both my scientific and regulatory knowledges while I develop other professional skills.
Workplace: I was attracted by the environment a start up provides with various missions and activities. By integrating a small company, I am fully involved in the decision of the company, I can support my ideas and proposition during team meetings, which make me feel useful and an active player of the project.
- What is the strength of the technology developed by Op2Lysis?
To my point of view the main strenghts of the technology are
- The innovativeness of the therapeutic solution in a pathology with deleterious impact, severe disabilities
- A strong scientific knowledges and proofs of concept
- the easiness to use (simple and reproductible route of administration)
- The indication that is still an unmet medical need.
- What is your personal contribution to Op2lysis?
Thanks to my education I have strong basis on regulatory non-clinical drug development and good scientific knowledges. In my previous position as I worked in a controlled and rigorous regulatory environment, I acquired professional skills relevant for the development of our project (project management, communication, reporting, problem solving)